Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Golf and Spa Accommodation Booking Terms and Conditions
1. Reservations can be accepted in person, by telephone, fax or email. Reservations are secured with full payment card details. All Golf and Spa Packages are secured with a 25% deposit. Advance purchase bookings are both nonrefundable and non-transferable and full payment must be taken at the time of booking. For reservations made less than 4 weeks prior to arrival the total amount will be payable when the reservation is made.
2. The full balance of the reservation is due 4 weeks prior to arrival if booked on a golf break or spa break. If this payment is not received the reservation will be deemed to have been cancelled and any deposit paid will be forfeited.
3. In the event of cancellation within 4 weeks of arrival Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa reserve the right to retain all monies paid.
4. To ensure that the accommodation is prepared to the highest standard, guests are advised that check-in is from 3 p.m. onwards on the day of arrival. Please leave your luggage in your car until you have checked-in at reception.
5. Credit card details will be required from all guests on arrival. For group bookings, the organiser will be required to supply his/her credit card details on arrival and he/she will be held responsible for any unpaid bills belonging to the group, these will be charged to the organiser’s credit card on departure.
6. Guests must not sub-let or share the accommodation except with the person or persons named on the booking form. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa reserve the right to terminate the stay without notice and without refund if the stated number of occupiers is exceeded, alternatively Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa will levy additional charges at the appropriate daily tariff.
7. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa expects all guests to abide by the minimum dress code at all times whilst on the premises. The dress code is smart casual wear with no hats being worn in the clubhouse (with the exception of weddings and formal occasions). The following will not be permitted in the Bar Bistro areas: football shirts, hats of any description. Guests wearing any of the aforementioned will not be served in these areas. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa reserve the right to ask any guest to leave who is deemed to be unsuitably dressed. Group organisers are requested to inform all members of their party of the dress code.
8. Best WesternThe Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa requests that all guests respect the privacy and enjoyment of fellow guests within the clubhouse and accommodation. Guests are reminded that noise levels in the rooms should be kept to a minimum. Unacceptable levels of noise, disturbance or disruption will result in the party or parties responsible being asked to leave the premises without refund or redress.
9. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa accepts no responsibility for personal injury to any guest, for loss or damage to property, or any other matters over which Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa has no control.
10. Guests are advised that on the day of departure all rooms must be vacated by 10:30 a.m. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa reserves the right to charge any guest who has not vacated their room by 10:30 a.m. at the appropriate daily tariff.
11. Room keycards must be returned to reception on departure. Golf locker keys can be issued on request, lost locker keys carry a charge of £10.00, any charges will be charged to your credit card.
12. Any guest deemed to have caused damage to Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa property will be charged in full for the repair or replacement of that property. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa reserve the right to terminate the accommodation letting without notice. The person making the booking is jointly and severally responsible together with members of his party for all damage caused to Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa property not only by himself, but also by such party members. Accordingly and without prejudice to any other rights of Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa is hereby authorised to charge the relevant credit or debit card used for the booking or the provision of services with the reasonable costs of making good damage so caused. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa will send to the relevant card holder or person booking notification of such charge within a reasonable period of the Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa completing the necessary remedial works”
13. Any articles left behind by guests will be forwarded upon receipt of the cost of postage and packing. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage of the package whilst outside of Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa’s control.
14. We advise guests to take out holiday cancellation insurance as repayment of money paid in advance will only be refunded if the accommodation is re-let.
15. Hotel Rooms
- Strictly no smoking or pets permitted within the clubhouse, hotel, lodges or any other internal areas. Should you chose to smoke in your room the Hotel reserves the right to charge you £100 to cover the cost of the cleaning and you also may be liable for additional charges should the room need to be taken out of service
- At least one Adult must occupy each room. No children under the age of 18 are permitted to stay in a hotel room unaccompanied or to order room service.
- A Single supplement is chargeable at £25 per room / per night
- Saturday night bookings are subject to a minimum of a two night stay. Friday & Saturday or Saturday & Sunday
16. CHILD POLICY
Our free children’s accommodation offer is subject to the availability of a family room (minimum two paying adults). Please note this offer only applies to children who are aged 12 and under at the time of their stay. Children’s meals (except breakfast) are not included in this offer and will be charged as taken at the hotel. Children who are aged 12 or under at the time of their stay eat breakfast for free in conjunction with the purchase of an adult breakfast. In many cases children’s meals are available from special children’s menus or as children’s portions.
17. Online B&B Only Cancellation Details (Unless stated on a specific break)
A credit or debit card is required to charge a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total amount at the time of booking. The remainder of the booking value will be charged at check out along with any additional payments charged during your stay. If canceled up to 2 days before date of arrival, only the 25% deposit will be charged. If canceled later or in case of no-show, 100 percent of the first night will be charged.
18. All new offers apply to new bookings only.
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of cancellation within 6 weeks of arrival Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa reserve the right to retain all monies paid. We advise guests to take out holiday cancellation insurance as repayment of money paid in advance will only be refunded if the accommodation is re-let.
As adverse weather is inevitable during the course of the year we may either close all or part of golf course or operate temporary tees and greens at our discretion.
If you are unable to play golf on your break due to course closure we will, without guarantee, review the golf element of your break with a view to issuing a green fee voucher. It is however worth noting that we sell winter breaks at a discounted rate and so any refund will not be equivalent to the full green fee and with many of our winter breaks the golf element is complimentary. Golf played on temporary greens and tees is non-refundable and is considered to be an accepted part of playing winter golf. Please note that trolley and buggy bans occur frequently when a course is wet and are determined by Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa
All decisions regarding partial refunds or green fee vouchers are solely at the discretion of Best WesternThe Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa. We cannot be held responsible should inclement weather prevail.
Golf Break Group Incentives
Terms & Conditions:
All prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin or double room.
All offers are subject to availability, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or pre-existing booking.
1 in 12 golfers travel free – a deposit of 25% of the total amount is required to secure and confirm the booking with the remaining balance due 4 weeks prior to arrival.
Prior to arrival, buggies can be booked at a discounted rate of £24 prepaid. Any buggies not booked in advance will be chargeable at £26 per buggy during your stay.
Available for groups of 12 or more upon request: receive 12 golf balls per person when booking direct. These will be given on departure.
Usual booking terms and conditions apply.
Adverse Weather Conditions
On the rare occasion that both golf courses are closed due to severe weather conditions, golfers who have prepaid in advance for their round will be issued with an ‘adverse weather voucher’ to return to Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa at a later date. This voucher can then be used as full or part payment towards a new booking, which will be charged according to the green fee applicable at the time of the original round, the voucher will be valid for 12 months from the date of issue. We cannot be held responsible should inclement weather prevail.
A greenfee voucher maybe be issued based on the amount golf you have played and are detailed as follows: –
- Golfers who have not commenced their round but arrive in preparation to do so
- Play has not past 9 holes would receive a full voucher based on the green fees purchased.
- Play has past 9 holes would receive a voucher which would credited the part for half the amount of green fees purchased.
- Monetary refunds will only be issued if both courses are closed by Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa Ltd; and at their absolute discretion
Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa – Online Booking Terms and Conditions booked through our online booking facility.
Bookings must be paid for at the time of booking. To book a tee time on-line you are required to enter your credit or debit card details using our secure on-line payment system, Google Checkout. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa do not collect or hold any of your payment information.
Once a tee time has been selected, you have one hour to complete your order. Failure to complete the payment process within the allotted time will lead to the automatic cancellation of your tee time. You will receive two emails as part of this process. The first email will confirm the tee time you have booked and the second email will contain payment confirmation. On booking, you will receive a booking reference number. Please bring this with you when you come to play as it will be required to check in.
On the day of your tee time, you are required to check-in at the Pro Shop. We ask all golfers to ensure that they are on the 1st tee in plenty of time and therefore arrive and check-in at a reasonable time. Failure to do so could results in you missing your tee-off time and we reserve the right to charge in full in this situation.
Any personal information we collect from you as part of the booking process will only be used by Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa and will not be shared with any third parties. Personal data is stored securely.
By confirming your acceptance of these terms & conditions, you agree to allow us to send you any information which we feel to be of interest, either by email, post, telephone, or otherwise. For example, upcoming open competitions & last minute tee time availability.
If we do not have complete data for any of your visiting group members, you will be asked to provide this on check-in to the Pro Shop.
You can cancel your booking on the web site by entering your unique ref number.
If you cancel your booking more than 48hrs before you are due to play, there will be no charge made to your credit/debit card.
If you cancel your booking less than 48hrs in advance, there will be a charge of 50% of the green fee made to your credit/debit card.
If you fail to cancel your booking, we reserve the right to keep 100% of the green fee payments made.
If the golf course(s) are closed, for any reason deemed necessary by Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa and you are unable to play your round of golf, we will re-book your tee time for an alternative date, subject to availability.
The Booking is completely transferable. Therefore, should you be unable to make your tee time, you can offer the tee time to someone else such as a family member or friend.
A copy of our ‘Dress Code Man’ is available here.
We do not usually require visiting golfers to show a handicap certificate, but we do expect all golfers to understand the basic rules and etiquette of the game and play to a reasonable level. You need an active handicap to enter open competitions.