DGCC Ltd – Coronavirus
The golf course and clubhouse facilities will remain open
Safety Measures in Place at Dartmouth Hotel Golf and Spa to help keep golf in play
With coronavirus (COVID-19) becoming a growing concern we wanted to keep you in the loop of steps we are taking within our facilities and assure you that the health and wellbeing of our staff, members and guests are of the utmost importance to us.
We are following government guidelines closely and we highly recommend that you do the same.
As they are changing daily, you will find the most up to date information here . We are diligently following guidelines and best practices from our Government, NHS, and Hospitality England
We have also introduced the following measures:
- The clubhouse is thoroughly cleaned daily and all members of staff have been tasked with additional cleaning throughout the day.
- We have placed sanitiser at the entrance to the main building, please use this prior to entering.
- Additional sanitisers are placed strategically around the clubhouse, bar, public toilets. In addition, sanitisation of hard surfaces is being carried out on a regular basis.
- Should you wish to order snacks to go including hot beverages and soup, please ask a member of the Pro Shop team.
- The Pro Shop will remain open until further notice.
- The Hotel will remain open until further notice.
- The bar and restaurant will be closed until further notice.
- The members’ locker rooms, toilet facilities, and showers will remain open until further notice.
- The Dartmouth spa, pool, jacuzzi, gym and treatment suites will be closed from the 20th March 2020 until further notice.
- With the advice being that social distancing is paramount to stopping the spread of disease we would ask that you respect this and not congregate in large numbers while at the club.
- Common courtesies – handshakes and embraces in accordance with the accepted etiquette of the game – are to be avoided. Offering a thumbs up or some other form of friendly greeting should be used as an alternative.
ON THE COURSE
- All rakes have been removed to prevent hand contamination.
- All golf ball washers have been removed to prevent hand contamination.
- Flag sticks will remain although we do recommend that you putt with the flag in the hole and be prepared to give 2 ft putts to your playing partners and avoid touching the flag or removing it from the hole. Hole cups will be set to the top of the hole to ease the removal of the ball and provide improved visibility of the hole.
- The shoe cleaner as you leave the 18th hole has been switched off and air guns removed to prevent hand contamination.
- We recommend you change your shoes in the car park and avoid groups of 6 or more and try and keep a 2 metre distance between you and your playing partners.
- Please book your tee times online, pay online or use contactless payment methods in the Pro Shop.
- The clubhouse will remain open unless we are advised otherwise, should you wish to order take-a-way food and beverage please let a member of staff know
- All buggy steering wheels, seating, dashboards windscreens and pull and electric carts cart handles will be spray sanitised on a daily/each use basis until further notice.
- Full members who use golf buggies free of charge are now asked to RIDE SOLO to ensure a safe social distance from their playing partners. These will be provided subject to availability. There will be no additional charge for the second buggy.
- 5-day members (buggy package) are now asked to RIDE SOLO to ensure a safe social distance from their playing partners. These will be provided subject to availability. There will be no additional charge for the second buggy.
- Members buggy hire. Any member wishing to hire a buggy may do so but on a solo basis and at the rate of £5.00 per buggy
- Visiting golfers who require to use a golf buggy may do so at the SOLO RIDE at a rate of £10 per buggy
- All ball baskets will be spray sanitised on a daily basis.
- Golf balls will be cleaned and sanitised as they are loaded into the dispensing machine.
- The ball dispenser will be sanitised daily.
- Do not share any equipment such as golf clubs or range finders.
- Don’t shake hands when meeting or after your round.
- DO NOT COME TO THE GOLF CLUB IF YOU HAVE ANY SIGNS OF COLD OR FLU SYMPTOMS
We are closely monitoring developments and will take any necessary further actions as and when required to ensure your safety.