Position: Commis Chef
Responsible to: Head Chef, Sous Chef , Chef de Partie
Responsible for: N/A
Contacts: All Kitchen staff, Suppliers, Contractors and other Departments
Purpose of job:
The role of the Commis Chef is to support the Senior Chefs in the daily provision of food with due regard to all food hygiene and health and safety legislation.
- Preparing food for the Bar & Bistro along with conferences & events including compiling menu items for service.
- Ensuring kitchen areas and equipment are maintained to the highest possible standards of cleanliness and safety.
- Under the supervision of Senior Chefs, maintaining systems regarding quality, stock control, portion control and minimizing wastage.
- Working alongside all members of the Kitchen Team to ensure standards and good working relationships are maintained.
- Closing the kitchen area properly when on late shift, including storing food correctly, cleaning surfaces and leaving adequate provision for chefs the following morning.
- Compliance with all hygiene, health and safety regulations relating to food and catering establishments.
- Attend internal and/or external training courses when applicable and complete in-house on job training to promote personal development and meet the requirements of the post.
- Prepare and serve food for Bar & Bistro and functions to a high standard.
- Ensure kitchen area is clean and safe.
- Maintain systems regarding quality and minimizing
- Is an active and supportive member of the Kitchen Team
- When Senior Chefs are not present, ensures food orders and deliveries are handled appropriately.
- Complies with hygiene, health and safety regulations at all times.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety.
- Flexibility regarding shift-work.
- Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Recognized Health and Safety training.
- Appreciation for cost and portion control
- Either 12 months experience in a similar role and environment or recent completion of a relevant catering qualification.
- Proven ability to deliver a high standard of food service.
Live in accommodation available
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00 /year