Food and Beverage Manager
Food and Beverage Manager
OTE £30,000 per annum
Are you a dynamic, hands-on customer focused individual looking to step into a lively and fast-paced role? Then we want to speak to you!
Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel Golf and Spa is in a prime location close to the beautiful town of Dartmouth in South Devon.
We are looking for a self-motivated Food and Beverage Manager with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role to deliver gold standard customer service and drive the business forward. You will need to be a good all round team player, an effective communicator and a strong leader, as you will be responsible for leading and developing the Food and Beverage team, maximising revenue and effectively promoting the Food and Beverage department. Excellent organisational skills and a hands-on approach, as you will lead from the front alongside your team, are also essential.
The Food and Beverage Manager’s primary function is to oversee the Food and Beverage department to ensure that best practice is established and delivered at all times throughout the Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel Golf and Spa. The post holder will be seen as an important member of the Hotel’s senior management team, reporting directly to the Managing Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the role your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- To oversee the Food and Beverage department.
- To create and implement new ideas and strategies to maximise revenue opportunities.
- Promote on-going planning and team development of the Department.
- Proactively manage change and implement change and continuous improvement to improve service standards within the department
- Maintaining good levels of communication by conducting regular team meetings, briefings and one to one reviews.
- To produce an effective and cost efficient regular rota of service staff which addresses all the needs of the business and in line with the company’s financial and service objectives.
- To ensure the Standards of Procedures are carried out in relation to stock control, health and safety and all operational procedures.
- Be responsible for all functions and events within the Hotel.
- To ensure that Health and Safety practices are implemented and followed at all times.
- To manage the day to day operations within the Food and Beverage Department.
- Liaise on a day to day basis with the Head Chef, advising where necessary with menu costings, planning and presentation of all.
If you feel that you are ready to work in an exciting environment, enjoy our friendly positive culture and excellent benefits including free golf, free use of the Spa (and for your family), free entry to Woodlands theme park for 4 people, discounted food and drinks and discounted stays at our Hotel and other Best Western hotels worldwide then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.