PART TIME HOUSEKEEPING STAFF
PART TIME HOUSEKEEPING STAFF
Part Time Housekeeping Staff – Immediate Start
Minimum 16 hours per week
Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa is privately owned and located just outside the beautiful town of Dartmouth on the South Devon coast. It boasts a 36 hole golf course, 35 bedroom hotel, 7 luxury lodges on our Dartmouth Green complex, 3 stunning function rooms with panoramic views over the golf course available for weddings, conferences and other private functions, a bar and bistro, and superb spa facilities including swimming pool, sauna, steam room, rasul, spa and a fantastic range of beauty treatments on offer.
If you are passionate about working for a hotel that delivers an outstanding standard of customer service that brings back customers time and again with its friendly, efficient and professional service then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a diligent and flexible part-time housekeeper to join our small and friendly housekeeping team to clean all public areas, hotel rooms and lodges which will include weekends and bank holidays. This will suit someone who is not afraid of hard work and likes to present rooms to a high standard of cleanliness. The ability to work flexibly and efficiently to strict deadlines with attention to detail is a must as is the ability to work in a team and on your own initiative.
Previous experience in a similar environment would be advantageous though full training will be given.
All employees have free use of the golf and spa facilities. Possible live-in available for the right candidate.
To achieve the maximum possible efficiency in ensuring the care and comfort of our guests.
- a) Establish a welcoming atmosphere and ensure courteous, reliable service
.b) Ensure a high standard of cleanliness and general upkeep in all areas for which the department is responsible.
- c) Ensuring that health and safety policies and CoSHH guidance are adhered to.
- d) To undertake training when necessary
Establish and maintain high standards of cleanliness for the hotel bedrooms, public areas and linen stores as directed by the Housekeeping Manager by:
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures
- Cleaning and sanitising toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops, and sinks
- Making beds and changing linens
- Washing windows
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets and rugs
- Sweeping/vacuuming, polishing, and mopping hard floors
- Using any cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools
- Keeping bathrooms stocked with clean linens, toiletries, and other supplies
- Cleaning mirrors and other glass surfaces
- Emptying rubbish and disposing of waste
- Tidying up rooms
Ensure that all guests’ enquiries and requests are dealt with promptly, courteously and efficiently.
Encourage guests to complete guest questionnaires and use feedback to change and improve the standard of service provided to guests.
Report all maintenance problems regarding defective equipment and damage to any accommodation areas to the Housekeeping Manager. This includes taking any defective equipment out of service to prevent further damage or risk to guests and staff.
Ensure the Company’s health and safety policy and CoSHH guidance is followed and adhered to.
Carry out any reasonable request made by the Management and Directors of the Hotel Golf and Spa.
Comply with environmentally friendly policies and procedures including reduce, reuse and recycle working practice.
Housekeeper Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of and experience in cleaning and sanitising rooms to varying levels to meet requirements.
- Willingness to learn new cleaning methods and how to use various pieces of equipment.
- Ability to adapt to different situations and change work processes to accommodate customer needs.
- Listening skills to make sure that they are meeting the needs of their guests for cleanliness and sanitation standards.
- Good Customer Service skills
- Organisational skills
Please send enquiries Cover Letters and CV’s to: Housekeepingmanager@thedartmouthhotel.co.uk